United Kingdom

Ford Transit stealth camper bike van day surf bus race truck SWB T300 85 vw t4

Home » Cars for sale in UK » Not Specified » Transit T300 SWB » Ford Transit T300 SWB for sale

Ford Transit stealth camper bike van day surf bus race truck SWB T300 85 vw t4Ford Transit stealth camper bike van day surf bus race truck SWB T300 85 vw t4Ford Transit stealth camper bike van day surf bus race truck SWB T300 85 vw t4
Condition:Used
Mileage:130
Model:Transit T300 SWB
V5 Registration Document:Present
MOT Certificate:MOT Expired
Number of Bedrooms:1
Modified Item:Yes
Manufacturer:Ford
Colour:White
Slide Outs:None
Country/Region of Manufacture:United Kingdom
Wheel Base:SWB
Drive Side:Right-hand drive
Modification Description:Camper conversion
Safety Features:Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Immobiliser, Safety Belt Pretensioners
Vehicle Sub-Type:Camper Van
Features & Equipment:12V Lighting, Alarm, CD Player, Central Heating
Engine Size:1998
Sleeping Capacity:2
Transmission:Manual
Subtype:Camper Van
Axles:2
Year of Registration:2004
Fuel Type:Diesel
Width:Under 7'
Model Year:2004
Horsepower (Bhp):85
Type:Campervan
Equipment:12V Lighting, Alarm, Blinds, CD Player, Central Heating
Price: £500.00
Got questions? Ask here!
Hello,For sale is Tina, my beloved camper van (the wife named her,don’t blame me) really hope she goes to good home. know it says spare/repairs but really hope it's repair, would be real shame to see her broken up.
2004 Ford Transit T300 SWB low roof 85 2.0 diesel speed manual
She was bought when it was just me, perfect for weekendsaway with the bikes, and whole weeks sometimes, my longest period living in herwas three weeks. Suited me and the wife fine, but with the arrival of thelittle one is bit small. was toying with the idea of getting bigger oneat the end of the year but an MOT fail at the end of March has brought thatplan forward somewhat, long wheelbase with semi-high roof and all theattendant parking problems has now been purchased.I’ll be really sorry to see this one go. lot of time andeffort went into the conversion and I’ve been to lot of places in her, Italythree times, France twice, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia and all over the UK,many happy memories.She was bought June 2012 with 79k miles on the clock. She wasa BT van originally, had few more owners in quick succession then me fornearly years. Now has 130k on her (odometer says 113 but that’s not original)The windows are Ford factory-fit, bought some doors off acrashed minibus and swapped them over so issues at all with seals.Inside she had layer of acoustic insulation first, makes abig difference when the rain is bouncing off the roof, and to the road noisesince did the cab too, around the wheel arches, behind the dashboard, underthe floor mats and inside the doors. The rear is insulated with rockwool andthen lined plywood over, very cosy.The shaped sofa pulls out to make double bed and thereis small foldable table to sit at whilst in the sofa position, storageunderneath.I had help from an electrical-fitter friend with theelectrics. They run off the main engine batteries (Transits have two so plentyof capacity and charge off the alternator) and all circuits are individuallyfused. There are front and rear LED lights and power sockets for the fridgeunder the bed (kept for my new van) and for my jet wash in the rear (also keptfor the new van). There is roof vent which works well at keeping thecondensation away. two-ring gas stove folds out of the side of the bed whenthe side door is open so no worries with ventilation or condensation whencooking (no gas cylinder included I’m afraid) Rear speakers taken from an oldJaguar so have plenty of oomph if required but usually have them on lowlistening to Radio as go to sleep (can switch between front/rear/bothspeakers) There is an Eberspacher night heater. Runs off the dieselwithout having to have the engine on. Best part of £1k new! thought this wasexcellent but once insulated she turns out to be so cosy that can’t rememberthe last time actually used it and now I’ve come to sell her it turns out thecontrol panel has packed up, they arereadily available off ebay and the like. Curtains to all windows and between the bed and cab andbetween the bed and the bikes so everything can be kept out of sight. Properthick blackout ones so coupled with the acoustic insulation you will have toset an alarm!She will take many bikes in the back on top of the platform,five is the current record but could probably be beaten if packed better. I’vebeen keeping the toolboxes, water, jerry cans, spare wheel etc underneath theplatform so that they aren’t bouncing around and damaging the bikes. Couldeasily take your climbing gear, bodyboards, SCUBA kit, snowboards, pogo sticks,whatever it is you want to carry.I have some spare interior LED lights and roll of thefancy chequered lino somewhere, I’ll dig them out.She has been DIY serviced every year, so roughly every 7kmiles. Large collection of receipts for oil and filters, fuel filters etc.Usually do it May/June so due shortly. Interval should be 8k though so not imminent.Service history is at my parent’s house but is being posted to me at the timeof writing.Very cheap insurance. For me and the wife to drive with allthe fancy bits, protected no claims, unlimited European cover, legal cover, allthat jazz, and kept parked on public road, it was £240/year. Bizarrely enoughshe does 40mpg, which I’m quite chuffed with for something this size. However,I do next to no town driving so this helps lot in this respect. She averaged39 coming from Provance to Dunkirk at 80mph with roofrack on! Old enough notto have DPF or adblu or anything like to worry about, nice and simple.Since I’ve had her she’s had:New fuelpump (about 30k miles old)New gearselector bearing (this and the pump are Transit’s only mechanical weak spots)New glowplugs 2014New startermotor (with the new glow plugs it starts absolutely on the button) 2017Newalternator 2015New frontwheel bearings both 2015 and one 2019, done 10 miles since.New discsand pads (Brembos) 2015New sump2016New bonnetcatch 2018New battery2017Replacementinstrument panel 2017  Bad bits:She’s failed her MOT on rust issues. Rear nearsidesuspension mount, the back shackle point, front one welded up previously and issolid. Offside front sill under driver’s door. Sill damaged when wife got apuncture and passer-by jacked it up there rather than on the jacking point.
Bit scruffy looking. More ‘stealth’ for camping where youaren’t supposed to, does look bit like builder’s van. Small (2”x1”) rusthole in front wing, (not an MOT issue) the rest appears to be just surfacerust.Control unit on heater not working.No idea where the remote for the central locking is, willhopefully show up at some point. She has two normal keys though.Rear tyres both need replaced sooner rather than later. dohave set of four BF Goodrich Activan winter tyres on spare wheels which I’vebeen using recently, these have done less than 4k miles and are in excellentcondition. Properly expensive when new but the buyer can have them for another£200. Unfortunately they are 15” and my new van takes 16s. There’s also threebar roofrack available if required, included for free if you need it. Obviously as there is no MOT (currently SORN too since I’vemoved the insurance over to the new one) she is sold as seen, nowarranties given, expressed or implied etc, etc. Please satisfy yourself as tothe condition before buying, you are more than welcome to come and have lookand, if you can sort the legalities, test-drive. would have no hesitationdriving her to anywhere in the UK were allowed to do so, mechanicallyexcellent, but rather rusty. Bring some trade plates or trailer or cunningplan (You are allowed to drive her to ‘place of repair’ with no MOT, whethertaking her to your workshop in Plymouth is taking the mickey bit is up toyou, am not lawyer, suspect it means somewhere fairly local)

NORESERVE I'm about25 miles south of Edinburgh, miles north of Galashiels on the A7. You are welcome to see the van, just send me message, but please do so BEFORE bidding, remember you bidto buy! Cash on collection is very much prefered. Will also take bank transfer/cheque/bankers draft but you won't get the keys or paperwork until have cleared funds. Paypal only if buyer pays the fees.
 No postage for very obvious reasons.
 (Bit ofmoaning) always report non-payers, no ifs no buts. It really annoys both meand the serious bidders if you buy something and then don't pay. I've got myaccount set to block those with previous case of not paying and others do thesame, so if you win the item and don't pay you will find your ability to bid onother items severely limited, If you don't want it then don't bid, let it go tosomeone who does, simples. (Moaning over)On 29-Apr-19 at 23:00:43 BST, seller added the following information:PS. Forgot to say that anyone checking the MOT history will notice three fails, the welding described above plus the offside front wheel bearing and the handbrake. The wheel bearing has been replaced and the handbrake fixed (spring in one of the drums had become dislodged) Just the welding required now.

Also published at eBay.co.uk

Comments and questions to the seller:

Menu